Below is some feedback received from customers who have bought or commissioned works from the Artists. If you click on the artist's name in the brackets, you will be taken to their gallery to view more of their work).
Your painting arrived (very well wrapped) today and is gorgeous!! It will have pride of place in our bedroom once we`ve redecorated. Thanks again. JR,Isle of Wight (Maureen Greenwood)
The drawing arrived this morning and is absolutely stunning.....I love it. Going to take it to the framer tomorrow.....thank you so much....you must have limitless patience for such fine work :-D Thanks again
Ros (Peter Williams)
Just a note to say how very delighted we are with your picture. It is so real, and has great depth with wonderful colours. We have been looking for a painting for the last 3 months, then we discovered you! We shall really enjoy seeing it in the lounge every day. Thank you so much. Mrs AW, Wales (Maureen Greenwood)
My new painting arrived safe & sound yesterday. It is hanging beautifully in my bedroom. My husband has not yet noticed!!! Men!!! I bought Chocolate Break last year and loved it. This will look good in my new bedroom - been hunting for ages and couldn't find anything suitable. I check in now and again to see what you have. This is perfect. Thank you!
Suzanne (Coffee Abstract) (Amanda Hunt)
Hi Amanda. The picture looks lovely - it was for my husbands birthday. Thanks very much.
Julie (African Sunset Elephants) (Amanda Hunt)
Hi Amanda, The painting has arrived and we just love it. It was a birthday present for my girlfriend. Thanks very much.
Andrew (Sailing Dow) (Amanda Hunt)
Hello Amanda Thanks for the message and the paintings, they arrived safe and sound yesterday and were presented this morning - to a very favourable reaction, I might add, so many thanks for getting them done and delivered in time. As a further compliment, my wife remarked how she wished she had a talent for painting like the one you have, so I think we can assume they were well received! Good luck with your ambitions, and next time I'm in search of some artwork I'll know where to come first. Many thanks for everything once again .
Kind regards ,
David ( African Sunset and Sunset - commissions from seeing similar paintings on my gallery) (Amanda Hunt)
Hi - Just a quick message to say that the work available on your site is of such good quality and so affordable that I believe I\'ll never buy a print again.
I purchased "houses on a hill" by John Cartwright after the image caught my eye. Payment was quickand easy and the picture arrived very quickly and was even better "IN THE FLESH". I can not stress enough how we need to support this method of making good works of original art available to all.
Paul Gawdan (John Cartwright)
*Hi - I received the painting 3 days after the order was processed, it was well packed, arrived intact and looks just like the painting on the website. Jeni was in email contact to let me know when the picture was posted and to make sure that everything was OK with the order. She even included a card of the painting along with a certificate of authenticity. I am really pleased with the painting, it looks fantastic on the living room wall and what's more it is an accurate representation of a crab nebula! I hope to purchase more art work from Jeni in the future. Lisa Reynolds
(artwork purchased from Jeni Whittaker )
*Hi - We received the pictures and are so happy, they are already on our
wall and really pleased. They are just like the pictures on your website
and your email communication outstanding - we have had some recent horror
experiences buying online so please continue you good work it is so nice
to deal with such a good and honest company.
Kind Regards Loveday,
Yorkshire (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
*Just to say a big thanks to you, Michelle for my two wonderful paintings.
Your service was excellent. I've already recommended you to friends =0)
All the best,
Nanette, Swindon (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
*Dear Michelle, Painting delivered this morning, beautifully packed. It is
wonderful and now hanging in pride of place and brightening up our
stairwell. This is a first for us (buying Art online) and hopefully will
not be the last. Regards Moira. Sussex
(artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
*"Hi Andrea. Many thanks, 'Amongst the Rushes' arrived in perfect condition
thanks to the careful and brilliant packaging and, most importantly, we
love it. It's going to make a very special present – assuming I can bear
to part with it!!!!"
Thank you for "Cottages by the Sea" which arrived safely this morning.
I have attached a photograph so that you can see how great it looks on my wall.
I am really delighted with it. Thank you so much.
Marilyn (Cottages by the Sea by Jo Hughes )
You're so talented......the drawing of Dudley is just fantastic -it's just so like him it's unbelieveable. Thank you so much. How are you fixed for another commission - of my other cat Nikki?
Best wishes Sandra Lyon (commissioned pet portrait in pencil by Ros Callander)
*Hi Ros, It's absolutely beautiful (and I don't even like horses!)..Jillianne will love it - I'm keeping it for Christmas :-)
(commissioned portrait of Vladimai by Ros Callander)
'Gullfoss' is now framed and on the wall and looks fantastic!
Best wishes, and thanks again,
Tom. (Gulfoss - a commissioned painting by Ros Callander)
*Hi Ros, Well after much pondering and deep breaths we'd like to have both pictures if that would be OK by you. We couldn't decide - you paint too beautifully! Let me know how you would like payment and I will organise. Kind regards, Anna (Repeat client's purchase of a further 2 paintings by Ros Callander ) * Hi Ros, Thank you so much for the paintings, one is already up. As ever they are absolutely stunning and we love them to bits. Thank you for painting such treasures. Kind regards,
Anna. (Feedback after recieving the two paintings)
*Hi, Jeannie, just to say that the painting arrived safely yesterday and I am absolutely delighted with it. I'm decorating a small sitting room for my personal use (a touch of Virginia Woolf's room of my own !) and I want to put some real paintings in there, rather than prints. When I saw the article in the Sunday Times about online art I thought I would take a look. I love everything about the painting, even the frame is just right for the picture. Many thanks again, I'm sure I will have many hours of pleasure looking at it. regards Wendy (painting by Jeannie Zelos )
*Hi, I am writing to let you know that I received this painting at the weekend, and am delighted both with it and the service.
I was asked to let you know where I heard of your website, and can confirm that this was through google
Kay Leslie (Quiet Beach by Martyn Truman )
*Just wanted to let you know the painting arrived today and it's FANTASTIC!
Has already taken top spot in the Lounge! Thanks so much for all your help
- the service has been great! Lindsey. Edinburgh (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
*Received it today thanks and it looks fab, the colours you have used are
very impressive and will look striking against the wall. Thanks again and
we will definitely use you again. Kind Regards Paula. XX. Cheshire (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
* Hi Ros,
The painting has just arrived and it is absolutely amazing. It's so beautiful - the composition, detail, colours and it's so atmospheric, it takes me to a very special place when I look at and it's made me quite emotional actually. Anyway, I can't thank you enough, it really is stunning. I may be in touch in the future as I'd really love another painting at some point, they're so individual, and I'm also interested in your painting workshops so you never know.... Have to go - I'm off to stare at 'Crashing Waves' some more! Have a lovely week and thank you again.(Crashing Waves by Ros Callander )
*Hi , I just wanted to tell you that I commissioned Trevor Whild to do a further painting for me and it is simply stunning! His way with light is magical and I can't speak highly enough of his work and his extreme professionalism. Kind regards, Olivia Coles (commissioned painting by Trevor Whild )
* I am very pleased to say that Incoming Tide was an enormous success and I gained many brownie points.
The picture is a great joy for both of us and hangs in a very prominent position in our Living Room to rather the room we live in!
The packaging was brilliant and well survived the temporary housing with two small children and a Rottweiler Puppy!
I managed to get it home and under the bed without being noticed and Birthday Morning was most enjoyable.
Many thanks for brightening up our lives
John (Incoming Tide by Janette Boskett )
* I have just purchased "Wester Ross" by Trevor Whild. It is beautiful piece. Olivia Coles (Wester Ross by Trevor Whild )
*Dear Janette, Just letting you know that we have had Sea Lace framed. It
beautifully crafted, so much clever detail in the painting,
one is almost drawn
in to try and dry the drips from the sea lace. We discover
new detail each time
we look your the painting. Thank you. Credit crunch
permitting we will be back
Roger & Alma Johnson (Sea Lace by Janette Boskett )
*" I have pleasure to inform you that the painting has arrived today safely. The painting looks extremely delightful and I am sure that the recipient will appreciate its serenity when he receives it." (Loch Lommond by Nick Thurlby- purchased as a gift)
* "Received today, fits perfectly Cheers, K" (Trio of Sunflowers by Jeannie Zelos )
Thank you very much for the painting which arrived safely this morning, I can't stop looking at it and I have the biggest grin on my face.
If in the future we require anymore paintings you will be the first one I contact. Thank you once again,
Kind regards from a very very happy.
Mandy (commissioned painting by Ros Callander)
* Hi John,
Just wanted to say thank you so much for the beautiful portrait of our son. It was such a fantastic family holiday, and now that he is older, it's lovely to have a permanent reminder of not only the holiday, but of how he looked then too...all cute and innocent.....the likeness is spot-on and you are very VERY talented. Ros & Lincoln Callander ( Feeding Time by John Boyle)
Dear Amanda, 'Purple Sunset' has arrived this morning and I have to say it is beautiful! It evokes feelings of calmness and serenity, we really love it. My partner and I are very fond of the sea and often daydream about leaving London and living on the coast. Like everyone, w e have very busy working lives, and occassionally escape to the coast for weekends away. So the picture stirs up those feelings of peace and relaxation. We really enjoy the 'Summer Flowers', they're light and fun, the colours are perfect - very spring and summer. So thank you Amanda, your pictures are very much appreciated and they will give us so much pleasure. Warm wishes, Vanessa
*"Thank-you Amanda. It got here in one piece and we love it......... It is a present for my other half. He loves the sunset, so I though I'd create one on our living room wall!" ('Sunset Calm' by Amanda Hunt)
*We commisioned Janette Boskett to do a painting that would celebrate our marriage and our wedding anniversaries. She was very patient with our lack of specific guidance. The result was the extraordinary piece, titled "Grinkleshelf" which far exceeded our expectations. We never considered commisioning a work of art before but Janette made it a simple and very rewarding process. We have just purchased her recent work "Size Zero" and will collect it later in the year on our wedding anniversary at her sublime guest house, Grinkle Lodge. Graeme and Anne. (Janette Boskett)
John loved the picture it's hanging in the sitting room were he can see it most of the time. Many thanks for the beautiful painting Kind regards
Bet ( "Pips Summer Stroll" by Di Jennings)
*" Our experience of using the Affordable British Art on-line gallery was 100% positive. The payment went through without a problem and the art arrived within 2 days. So we were very pleased with it. I have had the art framed and am delighted with my purchase. It will have pride of place in our living room as soon as the decorating is completed. Thank you. " (customer purchased 4 paintings by Babbs Shakir )
*" The picture arrived yesterday safe and sound,
lisa has opened it this morning , it is really lovely . she is delighted with it,
it will take pride of place in our dining room , I will send you some pics,
the scene looks so tranquil and peacefull , very relaxing , its almost like looking through your own window to a lovely view .
I go out on the sea a lot in the summer months ,in my boat and the painting reminds me of many relaxed and happy times out on the waves, "Nathan " ( " Daisies And Dunes by Diane Jennings")
* Its fantastic. And its just been hung.
again many thanks.
Have a vodka on me ;-) Barry Roberts ( Barry's Fuzzled by Diane Jennings)
* It arrived safely thank you and we are very happy with it, thank you very much indeed, Kind regards Christina Hobbs ( "The Acaia Tree by Diane Jennings")
*It's perfect - absolutely the right colours, texture - it's so right, you
can be sure I will recommend you to friends and family. I may well be
asking you to do something for my bedroom some time. You're very talented
and I wish you every success with your work. Very best wishes Elinor. (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
*Hi Michelle, I just took delivery of the painting - very convenient as they got here
It's great - I really like it so thanks so much. I think it's going to
look great in it's spot in the hallway - a lovely sunny welcome when you
arrive in the flat. The little parchment square definitely works.
thanks Kevin. London (artworks purchased from Michelle Gibbs )
* "The paintings have arrived safely, covered in Swiss post tape, but safe underneath! I love them! My daughter loves the encaustic postcards and wants them framed for her bedroom, thank you for these. Claire Fenner- Evens -Switzerland ( "Cornfield Poppies by Diane Jennings")
* Di- Just got home and unwrapped it and it looks stunning.Thank you so much for wrapping it so well and Iove the cards!. Im going to hang it potrait way up with the heavy red towards the bottom, on my stairwell. Nigel x ( "Desire by Diane Jennings")
*"I just wanted to let you know that your paintings arrived - and I am thrilled with them! They are great! I'm so glad I found you! Many thanks again, Cherie - you are certainly very talented!" Susan Brownlow ( Anemone and Fractured - 2 paintings by Cherie Sullivan - customer purchased a 3rd painting after sending this feedback. ).
Just to let you know the painting arrived this afternoon. It looks absolutely stunning and I couldn't wait to get it up on my wall - it looks absolutely great up there, even better than I imagined....It was great doing business with you and I will continue to follow your portfolio - you really are a fabulous artist.
Best wishes for the future,
( 'Sea Birds' by Amanda Hunt)
It arrived this morning - hows that for service. : ) R M must be picking up...
Just as I imagined it looks absolutely stunning! The cyclamen just seems to drift and float across the background, and having had in mind to purchase this for so long now its an excellent new years present to myself. I was going to hang it in living room, but for a while at least its going to be here beside my PC in the conservatory so I can drool over it.
Its easy in this digital age to think anyone can take a decent photo, but this work shows just what a difference a true professional can make. Great work.
Jeannie ( Cyclamen Cloud, by Mike Finley )
* Hi Ros....
Zij zijn veilig aangekomen,
Thought you might appreciate the announcement in Afrikaans that the pictures have arrived safely (Seems apt somehow !). They certainly look superb and once up on the wall, they will be a major centrepiece to the room. As soon as we get them up on the wall, I'll send a couple of photos, so you can see your "babies" in situ. Thanks again. Steve
(commissioned painting - African Sunrise III, by Ros Callander)
* " The painting is fantastic. I love it. You made the commissioning of a painting, personal, unique and very simple. " Barry
( ''poppy fields ll' by Diane Jennings)
* "The buyer of my painting (Photo Finish) was delighted with it and said that everyone she had shown it to had been very complimentary, which was nice to know.
I also think you offer a very good service at Affordable British Art and I am delighted with the sales I have had so far, I will just have to paint a bit faster.
Many thanks, Gay. " (Gay Forster)
* 'Great news! The painting arrived today. I really love it! I can't wait to hang it. Thank you again, I will have years of enjoyment from your painting.' Jackie Freund, Texas, USA: (Kosana Marton)
* Hi Ros, The painting arrived and looks fabulous - many thanks and best wishes, Rgds Paul
(commissioned work by Ros Callander)
Mate just a quick email to say both how much we love the painting (your description is completely accurate it's great to start and continues to grow on you), and how much we appreciate the service (including the speedy delivery). Hope your next work is bringing you the same type of 'feel'. Regards, Paul Duggan - Kensington, London (The First Step - Tony Broadbent )
* Thank you so much Ros for the fantastic painting - it's absolutely stunning and much much nicer in reality....it really brings a warm feeling to the room and we have already had loads of admiring comments. I've passed on your details to friends too.
Thanks again - Rachel ( commission - Ros Callander)
'Thanks for the glorious painting.My mum loves it as it is so bright and bold and really livens the room up. Steven Cone.
("Reflections" by Diane Jennings")
*I absolutely love the painting (Sarah's Poppy Quartet - by Diane Jennings) really chuffed with it! Thank you for taking such care wrapping it up .It was a real treat to unwrap it and place each piece.I am a very satisifyed customer and would recommend to anyone to have a commission done.Work permitting We are hoping to attend your exhibition. Sarah Drury.
*'I just received the picture and I am very pleased with it. Thanks. (The Harbour - Kosana Marton)'
* Ros, I just wanted to tell you that finally I gave Peter the Towards Tomorrow painting today, since it is our 10 th wedding anniversary – he was absolutely thrilled with it, and I am so relieved because art's really not his “thing”! He was really touched about the message behind it – I printed off your lovely description of the painting in a letter (attached) which I left with the painting on his desk this morning J
The thing I am most excited about is how it looks in situ – I put it above the fireplace in the downstairs TV room (where Saas Fee had been) and the colours are absolutely stunning in place. It's exactly what that room needed! And funnily enough I have brought Saas Fee upstairs to the main lounge, where the light is much brighter, and it looks SO much better up here – I can't believe it. You can really see “into” the painting in the light, in a way that you couldn't really when it was downstairs.
So, in summary, I'm really excited about my lovely paintings, and can't thank you enough!! Now, about Crashing Waves – I have thought long and hard about it (where to put it, what it will look like with the colour scheme etc) and have decided that yes, I do want it J
I'm planning to put it in the same room as Saas Fee – I know the colours are quite different, but I think it will look great. Can't wait.
By the way, I know you're preparing for some exhibitions soon – let me know when you stick new paintings on to the website, because undoubtedly I'll be interested in some of them (my house will be like a mini-Ros Gallery!).
Clare (client who commissioned 2 paintings - Saas Fee & Towards Tomorrow,and bought a third - Crashing Waves, from Ros Callander)
* ...may I say that we are all delighted with your excellent portrait of Liam. It really captures him......I'm so glad I asked you to do the picture for us. [Liam – portrait commission] - Jane Duke
*' Keiths Midnight Dogs' Painting by Diane Jennings has arrived safe and sound! We love it ! It works really well in the room and the dogs in it make it more personal to us.
From Keith Hawtree, Commission
* John, The portrait is stunning.....it's just like Mum & Dad.....and is a great comfort to Dad after Mum's passing. He blows her a kiss and wishes her "Night, Night darling" every night before he goes to bed. It has helped to make what is a very difficult time of adjustment for him, just that little bit easier for him...and for that I'll be eternally grateful. Your talent is amazing and I definitely will be commissioning you again Ros x x ( Commission - Mum & Dad by John Boyle )
* I've shown the portrait to my mum and she was thrilled to bits with it!!! We all think it's fantastic. [Jenni – portrait commission by Jane Duke]
* "I'm very pleased to say the paintings arrived safely and in time for Christmas. My partner and I love both paintings and are happily re-arranging our flat to make sure each is positioned in what we consider to be the right way to show them off best! My favourite is 'Last Days of Summer', I love the way the light plays on it. I've even taken a picture of it on my phone and have it as my wallpaper so I can show my friends who haven't had the chance to see it 'in the flesh' yet (I hope that's ok and isn't against any copyright rules)! "Monsoon" (by Andrea Farmer) was a present for my partner and as I said he loves it. Thank you so much. I shall look forward to seeing more of your work on your website." Anna Washington,
* "I think the painting is lovely and I am delighted with it. I'm sure my wife will love it too! Many, many, thanks for your help and for doing this at such short notice." (St Andrews Sunrise - West Sands Commission - Kosana Marton
* I was looking for a gift to mark my leaving a company I had spent 9 years working for. I found 'Koi Carp'
(Diane Jennings)and now I have the painting at home in pride of place.It looks absolutly stunning and I love it so much.
From Claire. We bought Koi Carp as a leaving present for one of our collegues.The picture arrived safely on the day as promised and has been well admired.It has strong vibrant colours and great depth to it.
* Many, many thanks for the lovely print just received. It's even better than I imagined. I am going to get a lot of pleasure from this I can tell you. [Head in the Clouds – open edition print by Jane Duke]
* "Dear Andrea, Many thanks for sending 'Pathway to the Sea' to Granny. You have taken a lot of time and effort over this and I can't thank you enough. Making a card and wrapping up the painting was fantastic of you. Your computer skills are amazing too! Best wishes, Justine" Justine Foley, (Andrea Farmer)
* The print is absolutely beautiful. I love it! [Head in the Clouds – open edition print by Jane Duke].
* "Hi Andrea, I received the painting 'Nature's Fury' safely yesterday, for which many thanks. It's really striking and looks fantastic in my dining room! I will certainly be keeping an eye on your work on in the future. Emma" Emma Peniston, 3/8/06 (Andrea Farmer)
* “I received my painting today (Highland Sunset - Ros Callander). Its exactly what I wanted. Ros made the process of commissioning a painting so easy….which was great, as I'd never commissioned work before, but it all went smoothly. Thank you so much…I'm sure I'll be back for more.”
* The painting looks fab - you have done an excellent job again. [Golden Wedding – portrait commission by Jane Duke]
*I feel like the queen , I have never commisioned a painting before!!!! You made it such an easy process that I will be doing it again! (Diane Jennings)
*I love the vibrant colours and bold brush stokes used to create 'Venus' . Thank you Diane for all your thoughtfullness, it was great to see the painting progress in each email. It is much admired by everyone that sees it and I will be getting in touch later with another idea.! (Diane Jennings)
* I am just delighted with it. You certainly captured me and it is particularly special because you did it. Thank you very much. I love it! [Betty's New Hat –portrait - by Jane Duke]
* "Hey Andrea, I just received "Reclining Nude" and I love it. It's exactly as I expected and every time I look at it, it makes me smile. Thanks a lot. I'll be checking your website for more of your work. Anne-Marie" Anne-Marie Green, USA, (Andrea Farmer)
*'Eternal Sunset' was perfect for the room that we were decorating-- a great painting of a local scene and done by a local artist, many thanks . The orange colour makes it vibrant and dynamic. My expectations from seeing it on the internet and seeing the actual paintinghave been surpassed. I am so pleased with it and it is already well loved!
Thanks to Diane for taking the trouble to get the painting to us on time. (Diane Jennings)
From Justin White.
*The paintings ,'Summers Day 2' ' Welsh Coast' and 'Serenity' have arrived safely and they are just lovely! I have given Summer Day to some friends as a house warming present and they are absolutly thrilled to bits with it! (Diane Jennings)
From Stephanie Snow .
*Wow!, gob smacked, eyes welling... wow... Goodness not sure any picture has ever hit me like that... well done Ros...
wow... I LOVE IT - you are a genius ! (Tomorrow, Together by Ros Callander)
Vicki & John
*The painting' Tasamins Midnight Beach' that I bought for my sisters christmas present went down very well! Thank you.
And thank you for naming it for using her name--that was really cool !!! (Diane Jennings)
From Jeremy Fletcher,
*It arrived – and I can't TELL you how fantastic it is!! I am absolutely THRILLED to bits with it – the fury of the waves, the glimmer of sunshine, the blackness of the rocks… oh I am sooooooooo excited about it! I have put it where Saas Fee was originally, and put Saas Fee on the other side of the fireplace, where it gets a bit more light – the dining room looks absolutely spectacular. I can see my house turning into the southern outpost of your gallery! Let me know when you put more paintings on the website – I'm after a few smaller ones now I think.
Ros, thanks again – I am thrilled.
(Crashing Waves - Ros Callander)
Click HERE to go back to the Home page
Click HERE to go to the latest artworks added to the website